Peter Whitehead, company founder and CEO, is an inventor, serial entrepreneur, company builder and thought leader in the North American photonics-based medical device industry.
Whitehead is the inventor of the VELscope Vx:
- Market-dominating oral cancer and oral disease visualization and assessment system
- Five-time winner of the ADA’s “Best of Class” Technology Award
- Screened over 50M globally
- Raised over $100 million for early-stage companies through equity investments and grants
- Developed and commercialized IP portfolios
- Steered multiple projects through FDA and Health Canada approval
- Participated in organized clinical trials
- Developed and executed strategic global commercialization and distribution strategies
- Developed global Key Opinion Leader programs
- Managed all aspects of product development and commercialization.